NEW PRODUCT 2021
A camping stove, which also doubles as a very compact mini grill, can be slipped into your motorcycle side bag or taken along on a paddling trip. The parts, made of stainless steel, fit inside a hinged top and bottom, folding like a book into a thickness of just 1.7 cm and weighing 1 kg.
The STAC Puska camping stove consists of eight parts: a hinged top and bottom, two sides, intermediate horizontal part, a front part, two trivets and a grill grate. Simply lock them in place and the stove is ready for use. The stove design focused on compactness in relation to weight and durability to replace a small charcoal grill or disposable grill. This means that it is slightly larger than the most common camping or twig stoves, and big enough to fit in a frying pan with a diameter of 22 cm on the trivets. The trivets can be adjusted at three different widths, accommodating smaller pots as well. The hinged top/bottom structure is handy. When opened, the top acts as a windshield, while the bottom part prevents sparks and charcoal from falling on the ground.
In this model, fire is separated from the ground, but you have to be careful with sparks and because the bottom gets hot. It is always the user’s responsibility to consider whether the conditions are safe. Always choose a location where there is nothing flammable under the stove, and never leave it unattended because of sparks that may fly off. Check your local law regarding use of twig stoves.
As fuel, use either charcoal or fallen twigs and branches, which you are allowed to pick up wherever everyman’s rights allow you to go. The stove is more efficient than a small fire and results in just some ashes which can be buried in the ground once cooled.
The product parts are stored inside the hinged top and bottom. Putting it up is easy and takes only about 30 seconds.
- Material: stainless steel 0.7 mm
- Width: 17 cm
- Height: 25.5 cm
- Depth when opened: 25.5 cm
- Thickness when packed 1.7 cm (2.5 cm at the nut)
- Weight 1,040 g, but 950 g without the grill plate
1. Open the nut on the top part.
2. Turn the top part down to create the base.
3. Remove the bolt and all the parts.
4. Assemble the stove by clicking the parts in place.
5. Ready, light the fire. Cook!
You can also use charcoal with this model, making it into an efficient mini grill.
2. Place a fuel tablet on the grate and light it.
3. Pour a handful of charcoal on it.
4. Wait for the charcoal to light up and spread them evenly on the bottom.
5. Start grilling!